Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I may be crazy...

but, I think it's possible that God has given me some insight to the spirit of my children through my pregnancies.  Perhaps somewhat mystic, but who knows.  It's certainly possible. 
When I was pregnant with Tempie, I was so passionate about the poor and about social justice.  All I wanted to do was to minister to the homeless.  And I did give some to that.  I actually got to know my first homeless person.  Her name was Rose.  I lost contact with her.  I have never before and never since had that kind of passion for homelessness.  Not to say I don't care about it now, but it's not the same. 
With JJ it was all about preaching the name of Jesus!  I wanted to shout the name of Jesus from the roof of every building.  Again not to say it's not true now, but the intensity is different.  I did some street evangelism on campus.  That's not something I'm particularly gifted at or often bold enough to do, but I just had to at the time.
With #3 (still yet to be officially named), I'm wondering if this little man may be one who works with his hands.  Not the kind of think I think of when I think of the spirit of a person...at least not till now.  I just can't sit still.  Thinking is not enough for me (usually it can occupy me for hours!), I need to be doing something....making something with my hands.  So far I have built some bookshelves, made curtains and curtain rods, repaired some things around the house like the laundry room doors.  I've never had this type of spirit in me that needs to work with my hands.  At least not to this degree or intensity.  Crocheting a blanket just won't seem to do. 

Who knows really.  Maybe I'm just a crazy pregnant woman, with strange non-food cravings!  Only time will tell if these spirit predictions come to life in my children.  I will try not to feed them into them but rather wait and see what naturally develops.  We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like extreme nesting to me but you may be on to something Sarah...it will be interesting to watch as they grow. Can wait for his debut!

    ReplyDelete