Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Still changing lives

Two years ago we lost a dear friend in a tragic and inexplicable accident. No rhyme or reason, he just fell. We miss Jay all the time. We find our selves mentioning him often. Thinking he'd enjoy something we're seeing or doing. Telling stories about him, or when we just happen to be at the last place we saw him. For sure we have been changed by him. Both Bert and I each have our individual reasons. Jay saw each of us through some crazy hard times in college. But while he is gone, he is not done changing lives.
Like I said, Jay still comes up in our home often. He is mostly brought up by Tempie funny enough. Bert and I were both trying to remember if she'd ever met him. If she did, she was certainly too young to remember. But she brings him up any time she wants to have a spiritual conversation. Any time she wants to talk about God or heaven, she begins the conversation by saying "mom/dad you miss your friend Jay don't you?" She then proceeds to talk about him being in heaven and she'll ask whatever question is on her mind about God. But it always starts with Jay. Jay is the lead in to Christ for Tempie.
She's already talking about asking Jesus into her heart. She's so sensitive spiritually. I really wish I could tell him...I guess he already knows. Thank you Jay...you are still being used by God.

2 comments:

  1. This really makes me smile at the end of a long day. I have thought about Jay often lately. I can tell you exactly where I was when I heard the news - welcoming Reagan into the world. I love you all tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Temple's sweet spirit. I feel she will do great things with her gifts. She is most definitely prayed over in our house and many others. May Jay and his life continue to influence others and bring them closer to Christ.

    ReplyDelete