Sunday, August 8, 2010

I think Grandma Carswell was right!!

So, on the way home from church Temperance will often fall asleep in her carseat.  We then have to quietly and carefully lug her and that heavy carseat upstairs and try not to wake her up.  There is no transferring her from the carseat to her bed.  If she falls asleep there, that is where she will take her nap.  I've been known to read a book in the car as she finishes her nap.  Well, this morning, we'd made it into our neighborhood without Temperance falling asleep.  So I decided to try to keep her up so she'd sleep in her crib.  (I just think that must be a better nap for her.)  Don't you know, I tell Bert what I'm going to do, I turn around and start playing with her, and she plays for half a second, then turns her head to the side and pretends to be asleep!!!!  I was messing with her face poking her, all the things that would normally rile her up.  And don't you know she just stays still as stone in her sleeping position.  I KNOW she's not asleep!  Then after a minute, she pokes one eye open and smirks!!!!!!!!  Bert saw it in the rearview mirror and we both just died!!!!  We are going to have a time with this one!!  She then 'woke up' and played with me.  Can you believe it!!  She is something else.  She's going to keep us on our toes that's for sure!  What a girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing but FUN! You reckon when you were talking to Bert & telling him your intentions that she was deaf? She knows when you're talking to or about her (your lips are moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that she plays little 'tricks' on Mommy and Daddy already...look out for this one!

    ReplyDelete