Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday mornings in August

The past two Saturday mornings, Bert, Temperance and I have been going to the local farmer's market.  We've been buying local produce and just enjoying the atmosphere and entertainment.  As we are leaving I always think how much I love Lexington.  As most all of you know, I am a Georgia girl through and through!!  When my daughter gets old enough I'm going to teach her that she lives in KY but she is from GEORGIA!  With that said though, I have fallen in love with Lexington.  It is a big city, with lots to do, but manages to keep a small town feel to it.  If we were to ever leave, there are so very many things I would miss about this town.  The excellent farmer's market and focus on local businesses/produce would be one of them.  Actually most everything I would miss about Lexington are the local things, my favorite bookstore, Joseph-Beth, the many great local restaurants, etc.
Well, this morning, after going to the farmer's market we went to the library.  It was only a block away and I needed to return some things.  We all went and Tempie and I both got some books.  I got some Andrew Greeley novels, and she got some Sandra Boynton books (our favorite children's author).  It was such a wonderful family affair!  I hope we do this every Saturday. Here's a pic of Temperance enjoying the farmer's market as well.
Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.  Enjoy some local produce and read a good book!

1 comment:

  1. Very good advice! You are raising a reader, I am sure...and we all know readers excell at almost everything they attempt! Tempie, eat your veggies now!

    ReplyDelete