Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grace sufficient and new every morning!

Parenting has so many ups and downs!! And these ups and downs happen in very short time intervals!! She can be refusing to take a nap...making me want to pull out my hair...and then give me the biggest smile from her bed and just make my heart melt. Sometimes in the middle of the day when it is the hardest (like when I am fighting her over a nap), I think I can't make it. I think to myself, this is too hard, I just can't do it. Then the evening comes, and I get to nurse her and hold her just before bed. She gives the sweetest looks then. She'll crane her neck just to stare at my face while I'm reading her a book, or she'll fall asleep on my shoulder, just as relaxed and secure as she can be. Then I know I can do it. I often come downstairs after putting her to bed with tears in my eyes. Bert used to get concerned. Now he just knows, she's made a sweet face or something. Truly grace is sufficient for me!
The highlight of my day comes first thing every morning when Temperance wakes up. She is a morning girl! She always wakes up making happy noises and smiling away. It really is the best part of my day. I try to get up and take a shower and at least start getting ready before she wakes up. The whole time though I'm anticipating hearing her sweet voice calling to me telling me that she has a special morning smile for me. Truly grace is new every morning!
God is so good! Sometimes the days are long, and when she is teething they are extra long!! But each morning and each evening I get to have reminders of why I am doing this. Thank you Jesus for my little girl!

2 comments:

  1. The life of a parent is witnessing the good, the bad, and the ugly...our children live another day because there is always more good in God's creation!

    ReplyDelete